IF I WAS vs. IF I WERE

WERE is the subjunctive* form of the verb BE.
* [ hypothetical situation ] talking about an unreal, or imaginary situation.
involving the combination of two or more conditions 
[ like "IF clauses" ]

If I were writer, I'd write about love and romance.   ( I am not a writer )

If I were going to Paris, I'd take my camera.
  ( I am not going Paris )



If I was faster, it's because my car is new. 
( There's no how to be sure of it  )
I may have been fast; I may not have.

If I was rude, I apologize.  ( There's no how to be sure of it )
(I may have been rude. It depends on a person's point-of-view.



in the subjunctive case,
"WAS = WERE"  in a colloquial speech, 
but "WAS" in a text, because it's considered grammarly wrong


"They mean exactly the same thing, although "If I was" + [hypothetical situation] is considered by many to be gramatically incorrect and is not acceptable in more formal (particularly written) contexts." (wordreference.com forum)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACT 01
ACT 02














for more ideas, check for MOODS OR MODES of the sentences....