Although, Though, Even though, In spite of e Despite

Although = Embora = Ainda que =  Por mais que = ...
= DESPITE  = IN SPITE OF = ...

You'll understand it, despite the difficulties...
You'll understand it, in spite of the difficulties...
=
You'll understand it, although it is difficult...

You'll understand it, even though it is difficult...
You'll understand it
, though it is difficult...

You'll understand it, it is difficult though...

______________________________________________________________________

DESPITE THE RAIN, we enjoyed the beach. IN spite OF THE RAIN, we enjoyed the beach. = Although it rained, we enjoyed the beach.
(Embora tenha chovido, nós aproveitamos a praia)
= Even though it rained, we enjoyed the beach (emphasys)
= Though it rained, we enjoyed the beach(often written English)It rained, we enjoyed the beach though. (often spoken English)


______________________________________________________________________

DESPITE  having all the necessary qualifications I didn’t get the job.
IN spite OF  having all the necessary qualifications I didn’t get the job.
= Although I had all the necessary qualifications,  I didn’t get the job.
(Embora eu tivesse todas as qualificações necessárias, não consegui o emprego)
 = Even though  I had all the necessary qualifications,   I didn’t get the job(emphasys)
= Though  I had all the necessary qualifications,  I didn’t get the job. (often written English)
=   I had all the necessary qualifications,  I didn’t get the job though. (often spoken English)

______________________________________________________________________


ACTIVITIES ONLINE:

random-idea-english.blogspot.com (BAS)
ecenglish.com (BAS)

tolearnenglish.com (INT)
en.islcollective.com/resources (To print) (OR NOT)
learnenglish.britishcouncil.org (INT)
engames.eu (INT) < look for the BASKETBALL GAME in the middle of the post
dcielts.com (INT) < QUIZ


Englishpractice.com (ADV)



speakspeak.com (ADV)








Despite, in spite of, because mind map